Real Estate Services
Ottawa Real Estate Experts
Ottawa Real Estate Board's On The Market
Ottawa Home Builder's Association
Ottawa Real Estate Legal Services
Agent Web Site Directory
Follow Homes & Land of Ottawa on Facebook
Current advertisers login here.
To learn more about advertising in this magazine, click here.
Homes & Land Across Canada
About Homes & Land of Ottawa
Ottawa REALTORS® show they care about our community
Members of the Ottawa Real Estate Board are proud to support the Ontario REALTORS Care® Foundation. Run by the Ontario Real Estate Association (OREA), the Foundation collects funds raised by REALTORS® across Ontario and uses those funds to provide grants to shelter-related charities in communities throughout the province.
Ottawa Real Estate Board members raise funds for the Foundation through our annual charity golf tournament, which in 2011 raised a record-breaking $30,000. Members also donate one dollar per member per month via their membership dues.
OREB designates the money we raise for grants to organizations supported by local REALTORS® that provide support to those experiencing homelessness, addiction, mental or physical illness, spousal or familial abuse, physical disability, and poverty. The work these organizations do is essential to the well-being of our community, but it can be challenging and often these organizations struggle for funding to meet programming and staff needs.
This summer, eighteen charities in the Ottawa area applied for grants from the Foundation, and I am thrilled to announce that all of them received funds in December. The 2011 Ottawa-area grant recipients are:
I am proud to say that members of the Ottawa Real Estate Board are able and willing to help these organizations continue to do their excellent and much-needed work in our community.
- Bruce House, which provides housing and compassionate care for those living with HIV/AIDS;
- Habitat for Humanity-NCR, which builds affordable homes for low-income families;
- Harmony House, a second-stage women’s and children’s shelter;
- Jericho Road Christian Ministries, which works with those who are in recovery from addiction and/or mental illness;
- Ottawa Rotary Home Foundation, which provides overnight respite care services for young adults with physical disabilities or complex medical needs;
- The Shepherds of Good Hope, who provide food, shelter and clothing to the homeless, as well as mental health support and housing assistance;
- The Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa, which provides a range of services for youth including emergency housing, mental health support, and employment assistance;
- The Sexual Assault Support Centre of Ottawa, which supports women who have experienced sexual violence;
- LiveWorkPlay, which supports adults with intellectual disabilities;
- Maison d’amitie, a francophone women’s shelter;
- The Youville Centre, which provides a high-school education for young single mothers and childcare for their children;
- The Door Youth Centre, which provides educational, social and recreational programming for at-risk youth in Ottawa’s Centretown;
- Serenity Renewal for Families, which offers counseling and support to individuals and families suffering from alcohol, drug or gambling addictions;
- Meals on Wheels Ottawa, which delivers nutritious meals to individuals to help them maintain their health and independence at home;
- The Hospice at May Court, which provides support and practical help for people and their families who are facing a life-threatening illness;
- Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre’s Peer Support Program, which provides support to women who have been in an abusive relationship;
- The Carleton Place and District Youth Centre, which provides at-risk youth with opportunities for participation in educational, recreational, social and cultural programming;
- Nelson House, which provides shelter for women and children who are being abused
Benefits of Advertising